Lou Williams scored 20 points, DeAndre Jordan had 16 points and 17 rebounds, and they got plenty of help from a balanced Clippers lineup in a 114-101 victory over the Brooklyn Nets on Monday night.
Los Angeles Clippers
Kristaps Porzingis scored 25 points, Enes Kanter had a double-double and the Knicks beat the Los Angeles Clippers 107-85 on Monday at Madison Square Garden.
Porzingis led a Knicks charge midway through the second quarter and into the third, scoring 14 points during a 32-15 run that turned a 34-32 deficit into a 66-49 lead early in the second half.
Kanter had 12 points and 16 rebounds, Doug McDermott added 16 points off the bench and Tim Hardaway Jr. recorded 13 points, five rebounds and five assists for New York, which had lost three of its previous five games.
Knicks guard Tim Hardaway Jr. will be active for Monday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers after dealing with soreness in his left foot, head coach Jeff Hornacek told reporters.
Hardaway has been dealing with the soreness since last Wednesday's game against the Utah Jazz and underwent X-rays after Friday's loss to the Toronto Raptors.
Just one-for-November, the Los Angeles Clippers head to Madison Square Garden on Monday night for a showdown with the recently inconsistent New York Knicks.
The source of New York's up-and-down play over the last two weeks: leading scorer Kristaps Porzingis.
Clippers PG Austin Rivers could end up being the centerpiece of a trade involving Carmelo Anthony going to Los Angeles, according to Marc Berman of the New York Post.
Rivers, who met with Phil Jackson in July during free agency, is averaging 12.1 points and 2.8 assists while shooting 43.9 percent from the field and 38.6 percent from long range in 27.9 minutes per game this season. With Chris Paul out with a thumb injury until March, Rivers has emerged as the Clippers' starting point guard.
The Knicks want more assets than Rivers, whose father Doc Rivers, the Clippers' coach and president of basketball operations, has already said on record that he would trade his son for Anthony.
Guard Sean Kilpatrick scored 31 of his career-high 38 points after the third quarter to lead the Brooklyn Nets to a 16-point fourth-quarter comeback and 127-122 double-overtime win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday at Barclays Center.
The Nets trailed 89-73 when Kilpatrick scored 20 points during a 26-10 run that tied the game at 99.
"I ended getting into a zone,'' Kilpatrick said, according to the New York Post's Brian Lewis. "At that point there was no turning back for me."
He scored six points in the first overtime and five more in the second overtime, including a three-point play with 13 seconds left that turned a 124-122 lead into a two-possession game.
Tags: Los Angeles Clippers
Sean Kilpatrick scored 31 of his career-high 38 points after the third quarter and the Brooklyn Nets stopped a seven-game losing streak with a 127-122 double-overtime victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday night.
The Clippers started the game without Blake Griffin, ended it without the ejected coach Doc Rivers and dropped their third straight game by blowing an 18-point lead.
Chris Paul had 26 points, 13 assists and 10 rebounds for the Clippers, but the best guard on the floor in crunch time was Kilpatrick, who also had a career-best 14 rebounds.
Tags: Brook Lopez, Los Angeles Clippers
NEW YORK -- The Los Angeles Clippers are halfway through a six-game road trip covering approximately 6,133 miles.
The first stop went well but the last two stops turned into nightmares for the Clippers.
The Brooklyn Nets can only hope two straight losses constitute a nightmare these days.
The Clippers continue their road trip Tuesday night and look to rebound from two double-digit losses when they face the Nets, who are dealing with an unsightly seven-game losing streak.
Tags: Los Angeles Clippers
LOS ANGELES -- The NBA's top-rated defense and an unblemished road record have the Los Angeles Clippers sitting pretty and fashioning the league's best record.
The Clippers (9-1) will go for their seventh win in a row Monday night when they host the Brooklyn Nets.
Over the weekend, Los Angeles capped a two-game trip with back-to-back wins at the Oklahoma City Thunder on Friday and at the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday. By beating the Thunder, the Clippers avenged their lone loss, an 85-83 decision at home on Nov. 2.
Tags: Los Angeles Clippers
Free-agent forward Kevin Durant will reportedly meet with several teams, including the Knicks.
Updates from June 27
4:36 pm: Durant said "We'll see," when asked about the Knicks at a Team USA event on Monday.
3:05 pm: Carmelo says he is not pressuring Durant but "We're friends, we hang out" according to Adam Zagoria.
Tags: Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors, Los Angeles Clippers, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs
The New York Knicks face the Los Angeles Clippers on the road on Friday at 10:30 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Clippers defeated the Knicks 116-88 at Madison Square Garden on January 22. It was their seventh straight victory against New York; that is their longest win streak in the history of this series.
- The Knicks posted a season-high 128 points in Wednesday's victory over Phoenix. The 31-point (128-97) margin of victory was the largest for New York in a road game since winning by 33 at Charlotte, January 24, 2012.
- The Clippers had a season-low 29 rebounds in their loss to the Thunder on Wednesday, snapping their streak of 13 consecutive contests with 40+ boards. They fell to 1-6 in 2015-16 when they have 35 or fewer rebounds.
- Arron Afflalo has been red-hot from the floor so far this month, hitting 68.8 percent of his field-goal attempts; that leads the NBA (minimum 20 FGM). However, he did not play on Wednesday, due to a strained abdominal muscle.
- In his first start since Nov. 10, Sasha Vujacic had 23 points on 7-for-8 shooting, including 6-for-7 from three-point range, in Wednesday's win over the Suns. The six threes tied his career high in a game.
- DeAndre Jordan has had at least one blocked shot in each of his last 19 games. That is the longest active streak in the NBA as well as the third longest single-season streak of his career.
The Brooklyn Nets face the Los Angeles Clippers on the road Monday at 10:30 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Clippers have won 10 of the last 11 from the Nets at home, including the last four in a row. Los Angeles has made at least eight three-pointers in each of the last five home games against Brooklyn, tied for its second-longest active streak versus any opponent.
- The Nets won their second straight road game at a Western Conference opponent with a 98-96 victory at Utah on Saturday. The last time Brooklyn won three consecutive road games over Western Conference opponents was February 28 -- March 31, 2012.
- Chris Paul scored a season-high 40 points to go along with 13 assists in the win at the Kings on Friday. It was Paul's third game with 40+ points and 10+ assists since 2013-14, good for third most in the NBA.
- Thaddeus Young led the Nets with 21 points and three steals in Saturday's win over the Jazz. Young's four games with at least 20 points and three steals this season are the most by a Net since both Devin Harris (10) and Vince Carter (4) in 2008-09.
- DeAndre Jordan has had 12+ rebounds in each of his last seven games against the Nets. It is the longest active streak by a Nets opponent and tied for Jordan's longest active versus any opponent (Trail Blazers).
- Bojan Bogdanovic has made at least one three-pointer in seven consecutive games. The streak is tied for the second longest of Bogdanovic's career, trailing a string of 16 straight games from December 1, 2015 -- January 2, 2016.
The Clippers (38-20), who have alternated wins and losses in their last six games, have won 10 of the past 11 home matchups with the Nets.
Chris Paul had 15 points and 14 assists in a 105-100 win at Brooklyn (17-42) on Dec. 12, but he may need to do more scoring with the Nets playing at a quicker pace under interim coach Tony Brown.
The new scheme has Brooklyn averaging 104.9 points over its last nine games - nearly eight above its season average - while shooting 48.6 percent from the field and 44.3 from 3-point range.
(AP) -- DeAndre Jordan scored 20 points on 7-for-7 shooting, Chris Paul had 16 points, 13 assists and six rebounds, and the Los Angeles Clippers routed the New York Knicks 116-88 on Friday night.
The duo hooked up on a few alley-oops during the game as Jordan didn't have to work hard to improve his NBA-leading field-goal percentage to 72.1 percent.
Paul Pierce finished with 13 points as the Clippers rebounded from Thursday's 115-102 loss in Cleveland to win for the 12th time in 14 games. Los Angeles shot 56.6 percent from the field.
Carmelo Anthony scored 16 points, but shot just 4 for 12 for the Knicks (22-23), who were trying for a third straight win that would have moved them over .500. Kristaps Porzingis shot even worse, going 4 for 17 while finishing with 13 points and eight rebounds. >> Read more...
Forward Robin Lopez was ejected from Friday's Knicks-Clippers game with 6:01 remaining in the third quarter after he received two technical fouls from a scuffle with Clippers guard Chris Paul.
Lopez, who had six points and seven rebounds in 17:21 of game action, was vying for a rebound when he appeared to smack Paul in the mouth. DeAndre Jordan then shoved Lopez, who needed to be restrained by a referee.
Lopez received two technical fouls, Jordan one and Paul Pierce one.
The Knicks trailed 64-52 at the time of Lopez's ejection.
Tags: Los Angeles Clippers, Robin Lopez
Knicks forward Lance Thomas will not play Friday's game against the Clippers with a sore left knee, the team said.
Thomas, who also missed Wednesday's game against the Jazz, has averged 8.7 points per game through 43 games this season.
The Clippers will be without Blake Griffin, who has not played since Christmas due to a partially torn quad.
Tags: Los Angeles Clippers, Lance Thomas
The Knicks host the Los Angeles Clippers at Madison Square Garden on Friday at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- This will be the first meeting between the Clippers and the Knicks in 2015-16. The Clippers have won the last six games in this series, with each of these contests being decided by 13 or more points. It is their longest win streak in the history of this series.
- The Clippers lost five of their first seven games this season when playing on zero days' rest, but they have now won the last three.
- The Knicks have played two straight overtime contests, winning both. Since at least the start of the 1951-52 season, they have never played in three consecutive OT games.
- DeAndre Jordan saw his 15-game streak with at least one blocked shot snapped when he failed to have a block in Thursday's loss to Cleveland. However, he did pull down 10+ boards for a 14th straight game, which is the longest active streak in the NBA.
- Carmelo Anthony had 26 points and 20 rebounds in his last home game against the Clippers (January 17, 2014). Anthony shot just 4-for-23 (.174) from the floor in that contest, but hit all 16 of his free-throw attempts.
- Robin Lopez had a season-high 22 points (on 11-for-14 shooting) and 12 rebounds on Wednesday. Lopez's team has won the last eight games when he has a double-double (4-0 in 2015-16).
The New York Knicks have given their fans more than their money's worth so far on this homestand.
The Knicks are enjoying their longest home win streak in three seasons and will try to make it seven in a row at Madison Square Garden on Friday night when they face a Los Angeles Clippers team playing without Blake Griffin.
New York (22-22) can cap a three-game homestand by continuing its longest run at the Garden since winning its last 10 there in 2012-13. The Knicks have given their fans plenty of drama, winning 119-113 in double overtime over Philadelphia on Monday and needing one extra session to win 118-111 over Utah on Wednesday.
Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin will not play Friday night when the Clippers face the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden, according to the Orange County Register (Jan. 20).
Griffin, who has not played since Dec. 25, also will not play Thursday against the Cleveland Cavaliers with a partially torn quad. He has missed the Clippers' past 11 games, though Los Angeles is 10-1 in that stretch.
In 30 games this season, the 26-year-old Griffin has averaged 23.2 points and 8.7 rebounds per game.
Tags: Los Angeles Clippers
Frank served as Nets head coach from 2004-2010. He was brought back to the organization last season to become an assistant under Jason Kidd. Despite being signed to serve as a mentor to the rookie head coach, he was quickly reassigned to administrative work after difficulties between Kidd and himself arose.
This marks the second former New York basketball head coach Doc Rivers has brought in to join his staff. Earlier this?off season, former Knicks head coach Mike Woodson was named an assistant.