The New York Mets scored 11 runs and recorded 17 hits in an 11-3 win over the Houston Astros on Friday in Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- The Mets scored four runs in the third inning and five in the fifth inning to take a 9-0 lead. Asdrubal Cabrera and Jay Bruce hit RBI singles before Lucas Duda hit a two-run double to make it 4-0. In the fifth inning, Neil Walker hit a two-run home run to make it 6-0.
- Noah Syndergaard struck out one batter in two scoreless innings in his Grapefruit League debut.
- Walker and Yoenis Cespedes both went 2-for-3. Cabrera, Amed Rosario, Michael Conforto , T.J. Rivera and Champ Stuart each had one hit and one RBI.
- Jerry Blevins gave up one hit and one walk in one scoreless inning. Rafael Montero struck out two batters in two scoreless innings.
- Jake Marisnick went 3-for-3 with an RBI for the Astros.
The Mets face the Astros on the road Saturday at 1:05 p.m. RHP Jacob deGrom is expected to make his Grapefuit League debut.