The Least You Should Know...
- Shaun Marcum started for the Mets, and he allowed one hit in 3 2/3 innings.
- The Mets got 5 1/3 innings of scoreless relief from Pedro Feliciano, Scott Atchison, Scott Rice, Jeurys Familia, and Greg Burke.
- Mets pitching allowed three hits in total on the day.
- Jordany Valdespin hit a go-ahead, RBI single to plate Travis d'Arnaud in the eighth inning - Valdespin is now hitting .360 this spring.
- Jamie Hoffman - who is looking to make the team as an outfielder - hit a two-run double in the ninth inning.
For a full recap and box score, check out SNY.TV.
Valdespin is hitting and producing, and also showing he is at least a capable outfielder, showing skill at all three outfield positions this spring. When his head is in the game, Valdespin is a fun and exciting player to watch. My biggest concern is whether or not he can maintain his focus and be the professional the team wants him to be when the bell rings in April. If he can, he might provide an answer to a huge question mark in the outfield.
The Mets travel to Lakeland tomorrow to face the Tigers at Joker Marchant Stadium. Jon Niese will face Justin Verlander at 1:05 pm.