The Least You Should Know...
- Rafael Montero started for the Mets and he allowed a run and three doubles in two innings of work.
- Brandon Lyon allowed a run and a walk in the third inning, Josh Edgin allowed an unearned run in two innings of work, and Elvin Ramirez allowed a bases loaded walk in the sixth inning.
- Scott Rice and Jeremy Hefner combined for four innings of scoreless relief.
- Jordany Valdespin, Collin Cowgill, and Travis d'Arnaud each had two hits.
- The Mets committed three errors, two of which came with two outs in the ninth inning.
For a full recap and box score, check out SNY.TV.
It was exciting to see Montero in some live action tonight. He commanded both sides of the plate with all of his pitches, and showed outstanding movement on his fastball in particular. Montero also showed some good poise against some tough hitters tonight, and that was impressive as well. He probably won't make an impact at the big league level in 2013, but we got a taste of what he might be able to give this rotation in a year or two.
The Mets host the Tigers at Tradition Field on Friday, with Jon Niese facing Justin Verlander at 1:10 pm.