The Least You Should Know...
- Jon Niese started for the Mets, and he allowed three hits in three innings.
- Justin Turner had two hits, including a two-run single.
- In David Wright's final tune-up before the WBC, he went 1-for-3 with an RBI.
- Collin Cowgill doubled, and he is now 7-for-13 with four extra-base hits so far this Spring.
- Marlon Byrd continued his hot hitting, contributing two hits and a run scored.
For a full recap and box score, check out SNY.TV.
Jon Niese was outstanding today. He threw his fastball, cutter, and curveball for strikes, induced very weak contact across all three of his innings, and was both quick and efficient from start to finish. It wasn't unlike what he produced after June 1 last season. His velocity seemed to be down somewhat, but I'm sure that will improve as he builds more innings throughout the Spring.
The Mets host the Marlins tomorrow afternoon at Tradition Field, with Matt Harvey facing Alex Sanabia at 1:10 pm.