Here are five things that hosts Toby Hyde and Robert Brender learned from Viola during their discussion...
1) The Mets will not miss a beat with Kevin Plawecki behind the plate, and veteran pitchers will help him in his transition.
2) Hansel Robles raised his fastball velocity to 95-97 mph this year as a relief pitcher, which is up from 89-92 as starting pitcher last year.
3) Triple-A pitchers Zach Thornton, Chase Bradford and Jack Leathersich are all ready if called on to help the big-league team's bullpen.
4) Noah Syndergaard needs to cut down on his pitch counts, so he can go deeper in games.
5) Steven Matz has been overthrowing and trying too hard during his first few starts in Triple A, but once he adjusts he’ll be fine, because his ceiling is limitless.