Now Commenting On:

Mets OF Juan Lagares has been activated form the disabled list and OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis has been sent to Triple-A Las Vegas, the team announced.

Lagares said Tuesday that he is 100 percent healthy and ready to return to the Mets.

“My leg feels loose. It feels good,” Lagares said (Las Vegas Review-Journal, Apr. 30). “I think right now I'm 100 percent.”

Terry Collins said he intends to talk later this week with Lagares, Curtis Granderson, Chris Young and Eric Young Jr. about the pending outfield rotation, which should never result in a player sitting in back-to-back game.

Lagares was put on the disabled list in mid April with a pulled right hamstring. He had been hitting .314 with a .345 OBP, five extra base hits and seven RBI in the 13 games he played prior to injuring his leg.

Tags: matthewcerrone, MetsBlog , Matthew Cerrone
Login with Facebook Login with Twitter Login with