On Wednesday, Jason Vargas had more to say about the Mets' clubhouse altercation with a reporter, and his words reportedly haven't been well received within the organization.
According to Wallace Matthews of Yahoo! Sports, sources in the Mets front office were not happy with Vargas' role in the situation.
An anonymous Mets official reportedly told Matthews that "We're all angry with him" and also added to Matthews "Think he'll be here next year?"
The Mets official also told Wallace that Vargas may not even still be a Met on August 1st, and that the events in Chicago "did not help him."
On the mound, Vargas has been one of the Mets' most consistent starters over the last month and a half. The lefty hasn't allowed more than three earned runs in any of this last 11 starts, including a five-hit shutout on June 5th against the Giants.
Away from the field, he was part of the clubhouse altercation between Mickey Callaway and Newsday reporter Tim Healey.
Callaway would eventually come out and tell reporters that he had apologized to Healey for his role, but Vargas has not issued any apology, and instead has said that "not all of the info is out there."