The Mets jumped out to a 6-0 lead before running into some trouble with their middle relief in a 11-6 loss to the Marlins on Saturday. >> Box score
Five things to know about Saturday's game...
1) Michael Conforto had an impressive day at the plate batting cleanup, blasting a two-run shot in the first inning then singling in a run in the third in a 2-for-3 day at the plate with three RBI.
2) Seth Lugo did not have a good outing on Saturday, allowing four runs on three hits, including a three-run home run, as well as letting a run score on a throwing error to second base.
3) Jason Vargas had a fine day on the mound for four innings until he ran into trouble in the fifth. He allowed a single, walk, then back-to-back doubles before he was lifted for Robert Gsellman, who allowed two inherited runners to score, plus one of his own, as he got out of the fifth inning.
4) Robinson Cano continues to hit the ball well this spring, going 3-for-3 with a double and two runs scored as he raises his Grapefruit League average to .457 (16-for-35).
5) Jeff McNeil had an RBI double while Pete Alonso also knocked in a run in their only hits of the day.
The Mets hit the road and face the Washington Nationals on Sunday at 1:05 p.m.