The Mets are staying hot down in Atlanta, as they took down the Braves, 6-2, on Friday night. >> Box score
Six things to know about Friday's game...
1) Zack Wheeler had a much better outing this time out, as he was strong through six innings. He walked a couple in the first, but managed to only leave with one run scored. Overall, he allowed two runs on six hits and three walks while striking out eight over that span.
2) Brandon Nimmo was dropped in the order tonight, but he still showed the pop in his bat with a two-run bomb to center field to put the Mets on the board. He looked more comfortable in that eighth spot, going 3-for-4 with two RBI and two runs scored.
3) Dom Smith got the start at first base in place of Pete Alonso, who the Mets wanted to rest with the long road trip ahead. He took advantage of it by staying hot at the plate with a 2-for-4 night with one run score and a walk. Smith is hitting .438 on the season thus far.
4) Jeff McNeil led off for the Mets and went 2-for-5 with two RBI and a run scored. He broke the game open in the fourth with his two-RBI double to score Keon Broxton and Nimmo.
5) With Wheeler going deep, Mickey Callaway only had to deploy Justin Wilson -- who had a perfect seventh inning -- and Seth Lugo who closed the final two innings allowing just one hit.
6) The Mets have now won three straight games, and move to 7-1 on the road so far this year.
The Mets look to make it four in a row, and win the series against the Braves at 7:20 p.m. on Saturday. It will be Jason Vargas against Sean Newcomb.