The Mets fell to the Nationals on Friday, 11-3, at First Data Field in Port St. Lucie, Fla. >> Box score
Five things to know about Friday's game...
1) Steven Matz continued to struggle in what was by far his worst outing of the spring. The left-hander allowed eight runs on seven hits, including four home runs, and a walk in just two innings of work.
2) Edwin Diaz also had his worst outing of the spring, allowing two runs -- both on home runs -- and no strikeouts in his one inning of work.
3) Keon Broxton had probably the best day at the plate among Mets hitters, going 2-for-3 with a double and two runs scored.
4) Luis Guillorme continues to have himself a nice spring, adding a RBI ground-rule double on a 1-for-4 day at the plate.
5) Dominic Smith picked up another base hit as his hot hitting continued on Friday with a 1-for-4 day.
The Mets host the Miami Marlins on Saturday at 1:05 p.m. at First Data Field in Port St. Lucie, Fla.
LHP Jason Vargas gets the start.