The Mets broke out for seven runs as Jacob deGrom looked true to form as the Mets topped the Tigers 7-1 on Friday. >> Box Score
Five things to know about Friday's game
1) DeGrom was in mid-season form in his second start of the spring, allowing just one hit while striking out four batters in three innings of work, reaching up to 99 mph on the radar gun.
2) Amed Rosario's hot Spring Training continued on Friday, going 1-for-2 with a leadoff home run and a walk. The 23-year-old shortstop is hitting .455 this spring with a 1.409 .OPS.
3) Devin Mesoraco flexed some power on Friday with a solo home run in the third inning.
4) Robert Gsellman and Seth Lugo both had solid outings. Gsellman relieved deGromw ith two scoreless innings and struck out one while allowing two hits and Lugo followed with a scoreless frame in the sixth.
5) Dominic Smith also continues to have a nice spring, collecting two base-hits, including an RBI single in the fourth.
What's Next: The Mets host the Astros on Saturday at 1:10 p.m.