The Mets lost to the Red Sox, 9-3, on Monday afternoon at First Data Field in Port St. Lucie >> Box score
Five things to know about Monday's game
1. Steven Matz pitched well in the first inning and pitched well in the third inning. The second inning? Not so much. Matz said after the game that he didn't have much of a feel for his curveball but kept going back to it since it's spring training and he wanted to work on it. While working on it, he allowed four runs (all in the second inning) on five hits while walking two and striking out two in 2.2 innings.
2. Dominic Smith kept on hitting as he pushes for the starting job at first base, going 2-for-4 with an RBI.
3. Brandon Nimmo went 0-for-3 while serving as the DH in his return from the virus that was once thought to be self-inflicted food poisoning. After finishing his day, he talked about the chicken incident.
4. Amed Rosario left the game in the fifth inning after getting hit in the left hand by a pitch.
5. Jeurys Familia tossed a scoreless inning, striking out one.
The Mets travel to face the Marlins on Tuesday at 1:05 p.m.