The Mets did just enough on offense, while the pitching staff locked down the Cardinals on Thursday in a 3-2 win on the road. >> Box Score
Five things to know about Thursday's game
1) Pete Alonso continues to have a hot bat to start his spring, going 2-for-3 with a two-RBI single in the top of the fifth. Alonso is hitting .417 thus far.
2) Jason Vargas got the start for the first time for the Mets, and it was a good two innings. His only hiccup was a solo homer, but that was the only hit he allowed while striking out three in the process.
3) Michael Conforto and Wilson Ramos put together a solid day at the plate. Conforto went 2-for-4 to move his average up to .333, while Ramos collected one hit in three at-bats to move his to .429.
4) After Vargas, the Mets' bullpen allowed just one run for the rest of the game. Only seven hits and one run were given up for the rest of the game.
5) J.D. Davis did notch an RBI in this one, but he went 1-for-4 and left five men on base in the process.
What's Next: The Mets take on the Tigers on Friday at 1:05 p.m.