The Mets and Cardinals finished in a 7-7 tie on Thursday in Jupiter, Fla. >> Box Score
5 things to know about Thursday's game...
1) Rick Porcello got the start for the Mets and was dominant, tossing 3.0 shutout innings while allowing two hits, walking one, and striking out four as he lowered his spring training ERA to 1.50.
2) Among the Mets regulars who played, Amed Rosario went 1-for-4 with an RBI, Pete Alonso went 2-for-3, and Robinson Cano went 0-for-3.
3) Slick-fielding infielder Luis Guillorme, who could be on track to make the team as a bench player, delivered a two-run single in the second inning.
4) Tyler Bashlor relieved Porcello and was crushed, allowing six runs on seven hits (including three home runs) while walking none and striking out two.
5) Mets minor league outfielder Johneshwy Fargas hit for the cycle, completing it by cracking a game-tying homer in the eighth inning.
The Mets travel to West Balm Beach, Fla. on Friday to face the Houston Astros at 6:05 PM.
RHP Michael Wacha gets the start for the Mets, opposed by RHP Lance McCullers Jr. for the Astros.