The Mets beat the Astros, 7-4, on Tuesday in West Palm Beach, Fla. >> Box Score
5 things to know about Tuesday's game...
1) Rick Porcello got the start for the Mets and was solid, though he gave up nine hits in just 4.2 innings pitched. He limited the damage, though, allowing just two runs while walking none and striking out one. His spring training ERA in four starts is 2.53.
2) J.D. Davis, who recently returned from an injured shoulder, got the start in left field and went 0-for-3.
3) Robinson Cano went 1-for-3, which included a two-run single on a well-struck hit up the middle in the second inning. Cano also started a nifty double play to end the fourth inning, ranging to his right to start a 4-6-3 turn.
4) Rene Rivera, who is trying to make the team as a backup catcher, got the start behind the plate and went 2-for-4. His OPS this spring is .900.
5) Shortstop prospect Andres Gimenez got another start and went 0-for-2 with a walk and run scored.
The Mets return to Port St. Lucie to take on the Cardinals on Wednesday at 1:10 p.m. on SNY.