The Mets beat the Astros, 2-1, on Wednesday afternoon in Port St. Lucie >> Box score
Five things to know about Wednesday's game...
1) Noah Syndergaard was a bit wild but largely dominant, firing 5.2 scoreless innings while allowing two hits, walking two, and striking out five, lowering his Spring Training ERA to 1.88.
2) Pete Alonso got the start at first base and went 0-for-3, but was robbed of a homer in his second at-bat when his drive to right field was knocked down by the wind and caught right at the top of the fence.
3) Robinson Cano's hot spring continued, with him going 1-for-3 with a two-run homer. His OPS is 1.156.
4) Seth Lugo was strong in relief, tossing 2.0 perfect innings while striking out three, lowering his Spring Training ERA to 1.04.
5) Luis Avilan continued to cement his spot in the bullpen as a second left-hander, with a perfect ninth inning to seal the win.
The Mets travel to Jupiter on Thursday to face the Cardinals at 1:05 p.m.
RHP Zack Wheeler gets the start.