Michael Conforto is doing well and experiencing no set backs during his recovery from shoulder surgery, agent Scott Boras said Monday, according to the NY Post's Kevin Kernan.
In late September, Conforto told reporters that he expects to return to baseball activities next March, at which point the surgically repaired posterior capsule in his right shoulder will be fully healed.
"It's not a set deadline," he added. "When I see the doctor again in a couple of weeks, we'll see where I'm at, see where my range of motion is, see where the strength is and kind of go from there."
According to Conforto, doctors believe the initial damage in his shoulder likely first occurred when playing high school football, after which it progressively got worse.
Conforto would like to be ready for Opening Day, but said everyone involved wants him to be 100 percent healthy before deciding when he can return to the active roster.
Conforto played in his first All-Star Game this past July.
Prior to his injury, he had been hitting .279 with 27 home runs and 68 RBI in 109 games during what was going to be his first full season in the big leagues.
"It was frustrating, obviously, because I felt like I had a lot more to give this year," he concluded. "But I know I'll be back, and I'll be swinging the same way."