2014 Mets- Wilmer Flores has played in three games in the last seven days, going 1-for-13. Overall, how's this for strikezone control: 5 walks and three strikeouts in nine games as part of a .333/.425/.364 batting line.
- Juan Lagares was 1-for-4 with a walk last Monday, and then flew to New York to have his knee examined. It turns out his issue was not serious and his prescription was to rest his knee for three weeks.
That Bullpen Battle- Joel Carreno had a solid week, allowing one run over four innings out of the bullpen with three strikeouts and a walk. In 13 games for Escogido, he's allowed four runs, three earned with 14 strikeouts against three walks in 13.1 innings.
- Jeurys Familia threw once in the last week, and it was unfortunate: 0.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 K. He's now allowed four runs in his 2.1 innings of work over three appearances for Gigantes del Cibao in the DWL.
- Gonzlez Germen has not appeared in a game since November 30.
See You in Sin City (Projected Las Vegas 51s on Opening Day 2014)- LHP Chase Huchingson tossed a pair of scoreless 0.2 inning outings in the last week. He's yielding two runs, one earned on three hits, two walks and three strikeouts in his three innings of work over five games for Aguilas del Zulia in Venezuela.
- OF Cesar Puello had one single in each of his last three games, going a combined 3-for-11 this week. He's sitting at .190/.218/.262 in 29 games for the Toros del Este in the DWL with one walk against 23 (!) strikeouts.
- SS Wilfredo Tovar has not played since November 21 for Navegantes del Magallanes in Venezuela.
And Our Player of the Week...Congratulations Joel Carreno. Your four innings of work was ok. You've been good all winter-ball season. Step right up and take your medal.
The full list of the stats of the Mets' players in Offseason Leagues is here.