So, what happened? A little stretching, a little throwing, a little running, some PFP (Pitcher fielding practice) and some BP (batting practice).
- Half the pitchers threw their first official bullpen of the spring. The other half will throw on Sunday.
--- Steven Matz threw a bullpen on Saturday. He's getting good (very) early reviews and certainly seems ticketed for the front of the 2013 Savannah Sand Gnats rotation.
- After the pitchers were done throwing, the catchers got to take BP.
- RHP Jacob deGrom (pictured) has a broken pinky on his non-throwing hand which he sustained working his offseason job. However, he still threw his 'pen and did his throwing program. The Mets will send him for more x-rays, but they hope it will not delay his year at all.
- Michael Fulmer and Noah Syndergaard worked as throwing partners. Those are two big, young hard-throwing guys. The pairing makes perfect sense - they're close in age, and likely headed for Port St. Lucie together.
- The Mets will once again use six-man rotations from double-A on down.