1) Plawecki said that he and Travis d’Arnaud are good friends, and he learns as much as possible from the major league catcher.
2) He’s working on staying as consistent as possible with his hitting approach this spring.
3) Plawecki said he’s using spring training to get as comfortable as possible with the team’s pitching staff. “It’s important to continue my relationship with those guys, so when my time comes I’m not a step behind,” he said.
4) The Mike Barwis offseason program was good, both physically and mentally, Plawecki said.
5) Triple-A pitching coach brings great insight to both the pitching staff and the catchers, and Plawecki said he learned a lot from the former player and longtime coach.