For a full recap and boxscore, go here.
The least you should know:
- Mike Pelfrey allowed two runs on six hits over six innings, but balked three times in the game and was removed for a pinch-hitter after throwing 78 pitches.
- The Mets had the bases loaded with no outs in the second and with one out in the eighth, but failed to score both times.
- Matt Cain walked five Mets –- including walking the bases loaded in the second –- but allowed only three hits over six scoreless innings.
- Alex Cora left the game with a thumb injury in the third. He was replaced at shortstop by Fernando Tatis.
- Steve Phillips makes my head hurt.
- With the bases loaded, one out and lefty Jeremy Affeldt pitching in the eighth, Jerry Manuel pinch-hit Angel Pagan for Daniel Murphy. Pagan grounded into a double play.
- Carlos Beltran doubled and walked in the game and continues to get on base nearly half the times he comes to the plate.
- Ken Takahashi and Sean Green threw scoreless innings in the seventh and eighth, respectively, and both looked good.
- Goes to Beltran, not really because of anything he did during the game, but just because he really didn’t deserve the tongue-lashing he got on national television tonight. Did nobody check his stats before deeming him unclutch?