- At Baseball Prospectus, Kevin Goldstein has his Top 101 prospects up, with the usual Mets candidates. Matt Harvey makes the top quarter at #25, Zack Wheeler is right behind him at #30 and Jeurys Familia catches on at #89.
- At Mets.com, Anthony DiComo talks to Kirk Nieuwenhuis, who felt like he was on the cusp of the big leagues last year before tearing his labrum in his left (non-throwing shoulder last year).
- Late Friday, Major League Baseball suspended RHP Scott Moviel and C Dock Doyle for 50 games each for second violations of Baseball's drug policy for drugs of abuse. Both of these guys are basically failed prospects. Doyle, the fifth round pick in 2008, was dropped to a back-up catcher this year for advanced-A St. Lucie at the age of 25 while hitting .296/.359/.437. Moviel, the Mets second-round pick in 2007 has run an ERA above five each of the last two years at advanced-A St. Lucie. He'll be 24 this May and has never struck out a batter an inning.
- Matt Cerrone has his prospect "Hype List" up at Mets Blog.
- At ESPN.com, Keith Law praises Domingo Tapia for his big fastball and "above average changeup" in his sleeper prospect list of guys who missed his Top 10 for each team.
- At Tedquarters, Ted explains why he has a thing for Akeel Morris.