In regards to specific players, Collins said the following about...
- Daniel Murphy: He needs to hit for more power; he had a productive season; he did a nice job learning and playing second base.
- Lucas Duda: He's a keeper; he's best suited for left field; he's still capable of hitting 35 home runs and 95 RBI in the big leagues; he struggled adjusting to right field; developed more patience at the plate as the season progressed;
- Jeurys Familia: He loves him; he has a great arm; he likes him much better as a reliever than a starting pitcher;
- RA Dickey: He's had an unbelievable season; he had only two bad starts all year; he only thinks about the team and winning;
- Matt Harvey: He's going to be outstanding next season; he has the chance to be a top-of-the-rotation guy.
- The Mets need to hit more home runs, especially from their outfielders.
- He needs players who are committed (all season) to the organization's philosophy of taking pitches, drawing walks, getting on base and getting two-out hits.
- The Mets might be a couple years away from having their best hitting prospects produce in the big leagues.
To listen to Francesa's entire 16-minute interview with Collins, click here.