Mets ace Jacob deGrom is sticking with the CAA agency, where his new agent will be Jeff Berry, reports SNY's Andy Martino.
DeGrom had been searching for a new agent since former-agent Brodie Van Wagenen became the Mets' GM.
The 30-year-old deGrom reiterated earlier this week that he's open to a long-term extension with the Mets, with Martino predicting the two sides will start talking about a new deal in December.
"I think anybody is open to an extension if it's right for you and your family," deGrom recently told MLB.com's Anthony DiComo. "Nothing is guaranteed in this game until you sign that deal or hit free agency and sign a deal there. You just have to sit down and, at the end of the day, look at what's right for you and your family and kind of make a decision based upon that."
As he did in July, deGrom talked about how much he enjoys playing for the Mets.
"I really do enjoy playing in New York," he told DiComo. "The fans have treated me great. I enjoy taking the mound at Citi Field in front of them, and it's rare that a guy spends his career with one team. If that was something that they wanted to do, and me and [my wife] Stacey felt like it was the right move for us, then we'd be willing to definitely explore that."
Van Wagenen said at the GM Meetings that the Mets had not yet excanged proposals with deGrom on a potential extension, but maintaned that the Mets would "love to try to keep" deGrom long-term.
The 30-year-old deGrom -- who won his first Cy Young award on Wednesday night -- is entering his second-to-last season of arbitration, where he is expected to earn $12.9 million, up from the $7.4 million he made in 2018.
If the Mets and deGrom don't agree on an extension, he will hit free agency after the 2020 season.