- Jon Niese is the team's ace and likely to be the Opening Day starting pitcher.
- Ike Davis will get twice as many at bats during Spring Training than he got last year.
- Lucas Duda could be part of an outfield platoon.
- Ruben Tejada is currently the front runner at shortstop.
- Travis d'Arnaud proved himself to the pitching staff last season.
- Curtis Granderson will protect David Wright in the batting order.
- Juan Lagares and Chris Young will compete for center field in Spring Training.
To see part two of the interview, where Collins talks about Bartolo Colon, Niese, the bullpen, and the possibility of young prospects from the system getting work as relievers, click here...