Here is a round-up of trade and free agent rumors from this past weekend:
- Josh Johnson could be dealt by the Marlins this winter, and the Orioles, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Royals, Rangers, Twins, and Dodgers could all be interested in acquiring him, according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe.
- Cafardo also says Cubs' OF Alfonso Soriano could be a fit for American League clubs such as the Rays, Orioles, Blue Jays and Indians as a designated hitter.
- Speaking of outfielders, Cafardo says while other teams cannot be discounted, Josh Hamilton is likely to stay with the Rangers after this season, although he will not give them a discount - Hamilton told Tim McMahon of ESPN he would like to stay with the Rangers, and Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports characterized his chances of staying with Texas as '50-50.'
- According to Dave O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Braves General Manager Frank Wren would like to retain OF Michael Bourn after this season.
- O'Brien also says Braves' C Brian McCann could need shoulder surgery, and might miss between 2-5 months.
- Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports the Angels have signed C Chris Iannetta to a three-year contract worth $15.5 million.