The Mets lost to the Nationals, 8-6, on Saturday at First Data Field in Port St. Lucie.
- Sean Gilmartin started for the Mets, allowing one run in two innings of work.
- Yoenis Cespedes went 1-for-2 with a double.
- Pinch-hitting in the sixth, Michael Conforto drove in a run with a single.
- Gavin Cecchini collected a double and a walk and scored a run.
- Jerry Blevins allowed two runs in his one inning on the mound.
- Kevin Plawecki left the game in the sixth inning after suffering a knee contusion during a collision at home plate.
- Dominic Smith, Travis Taijeron and Ty Kelly drew consecutive bases-loaded walks in the eighth to bring in three runs.
- Amed Rosario hit an RBI single in the ninth to pull the Mets within two.
The Mets host the Tigers at 1:10 p.m. on Sunday on WPIX.