The Brooklyn Nets face the Dallas Mavericks on the road Friday at 8:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Mavericks defeated the Nets 119-118 in overtime in Brooklyn on December 23. Three of the last four games in this series have ended up going into overtime.
- The Nets have had trouble keeping opponents from scoring in the paint this season; Of the total points allowed by Brooklyn, 44.1 (2094/4744) percent have come in the painted area.
- Hitting a lot of three-pointers in a game has not proven to be a winning formula for Dallas of late; the Mavericks have lost their last three, and five of their last six, games in which they have made 10 or more threes.
- Brook Lopez (19) and Thaddeus Young (20) have already combined for 39 double-doubles in 2015-16. That is more than the top two Nets' players combined for in an entire season since Kris Humphries and Deron Williams combined for 51 in 2011-12.
- Chandler Parsons is averaging 25.4 (127/5) points on 58.7 (44/75) percent shooting (.600 (18/30) 3P%) while also pulling down 7.0 (35/5) rebounds over his last five contests.
- J.J. Barea is shooting 43.5 (27/62) percent from behind the arc against non-conference opponents this season as opposed to just 27.3 (21/77) percent versus conference foes. That 16.2 percent differential is second largest in the NBA amongst players with 20+ 3PM versus both conference and non-conference teams (3P% vs non-conf teams higher).