The Brooklyn Nets face the Denver Nuggets on the road Friday at 9 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Nets beat the Nuggets 105-104 in Brooklyn on February 8, Joe Johnson banking in the game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer. That was Brooklyn's fourth straight victory over Denver; one shy of the franchise mark for the most consecutive wins in this series (5, February 17, 2002-March 10, 2004).
- The Nets lost to the Lakers on Tuesday despite turning the ball over just eight times. It was their fewest turnovers in a road loss since committing seven in a 93-87 defeat at Toronto, April 14, 2013.
- The Nuggets held the Lakers to just two points off second-chance opportunities on Wednesday. That is the fewest second-chance points allowed in a game by Denver since holding Boston to zero, February 24, 2011.
- Thaddeus Young had 19 points and 15 rebounds in Tuesday's loss to the Lakers. It was the most rebounds that Young has ever pulled down in a road game.
- D.J. Augustin has come off the bench to pour in 20+ points in two of his last three games, putting up 19.0 (57/3) points on 57.6 (19/33) percent shooting over this stretch. He averaged just 8.5 PPG on 37.0 percent shooting in his first four games after being traded to Denver.
- Emmanuel Mudiay turns 20 years old on Saturday. The rookie, who is putting up 5.8 assists per game (272/47), needs to average 5.6 per contest (if he plays in all remaining 21 games) to break Jalen Rose's franchise mark for assists by a rookie (389), which Rose set in 1994-95.