The Nets go on the road to play the Pelicans in New Orleans at 8 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Pelicans defeated the Nets 104-95 in Brooklyn on January 12. Brooklyn led by six points entering the fourth quarter, only to get outscored 31-16 in that final 12:00. That was New Orleans' sixth straight victory in this series, which is the franchise's longest-ever win streak against the Nets.
- At 8-33 (.195), the Nets have their second-worst record through 41 games of any season in the franchise's NBA history; they went 3-38 (.073) through 41 games in 2009-10. Brooklyn has dropped its last 11 games, allowing 115.8 points per game during this skid.
- The Pelicans defeated the Magic 118-98 on Wednesday, improving to 4-0 this season when scoring 115 or more points in a game.
- Brook Lopez has scored 20 or more points in five consecutive games, averaging 22.8 points (114/5) per game during this streak. However, the Nets are 0-5 in those games; overall, they have dropped the last six contests in which Lopez has scored 20+ points. In his last game at New Orleans (January 30, 2016), Lopez had 33 points and 10 rebounds in a two-point loss.
- Anthony Davis is shooting 50.1 percent from the field on the season, but has upped that to 60.6 (57/94) percent over his last five contests. Davis missed the Pelicans' last two games against Brooklyn, and shot 14-for-38 (.368) percent in the previous two.
- The Pelicans are 3-0 this season when Tyreke Evans comes off the bench and scores 15 or more points. Prior to 2016-17, Evans' teams went 13-13 in such contests.
© 2017 by STATS