The Brooklyn Nets host the San Antonio Spurs at Barclays Center on Monday night.
According to STATS:
- The Spurs won the first matchup between these clubs this season, 102-75, in San Antonio. The Nets have won each of their last two home games against the Spurs, last losing to them there back on February 10, 2013.
- The Spurs have won seven straight and 14 of their last 15 games, while scoring at least 100 points in each of their victories in that span. San Antonio's bench is averaging 40.4 points per game this season -- the third highest scoring bench in the NBA.
- The Nets are averaging just 91.6 points during their current nine game home losing streak and will be looking to avoid dropping 10 in a row at home for the first time since a 14 game slide from January 29-March 22, 2010.
- Kawhi Leonard had 19 points and 12 rebounds against the Knicks on Friday for his sixth double-double of the season. Leonard has scored at least 20 points in two straight and in 10 of his last 12 road contests.
- Brook Lopez has scored at least 17 points in a season-high eight consecutive games. Lopez led all scorers with 17 points in the first meeting between these teams this season and is averaging 15.9 points in 11 career games against the Spurs.
- Lopez is tied for the fourth most individual points in the paint in the NBA this season with 426, while teammate Thaddeus Young has scored the sixth most with 424.