The Nets (9-34) welcome the San Antonio Spurs (34-9) to Barclays Center on Monday.
According to STATS:
- Since beating the Nets in the 2003 NBA Finals, four games to two, the Spurs have won 23 of 26 meetings between these clubs. San Antonio's 23-3 record is its best versus any single opponent over that time frame.
- The Spurs' 18-4 road record is the second best in the NBA (Warriors, 18-3), while the Nets have the worst home record in the league (7-15).
- The Spurs won in Cleveland in overtime on Saturday night, 118-115. San Antonio shot exactly 50.0 percent from the floor, its 19th game this season shooting 50.0 percent or better, second most in the NBA (Warriors -- 23 games).
- After scoring 30 or more points in each of his last five games, Kawhi Leonard scored a career-high 41 points in the win, while also recording six rebounds and five assists. He became the first Spur to recorded at least 40 points, five rebounds and five assists in a game since Manu Ginobili did so on April 2, 2010.
- Brooklyn lost to Charlotte on Saturday, 112-105. The Nets recorded a season-high 30 assists on its 38 made field goals.
- Caris LeVert leads all rookies (minimum 50 field-goal attempts) in field-goal percentage in January, as he is shooting 52.9 percent (37-for-70).
© 2017 by STATS.