That 51 O/U looks to be low, but it's only gauged by the first meeting - a 27-23 Giant win. The way Washington has been scoring of late, the over looks good, but nothing is ever as easy as it looks.
According to vegasinsider.com, the wagering has been 93% in favor of the Giants. The over is getting significant play at 83%.
Here are some trends courtesy of covers.com:
The Giants began as 3-point faves and the line has jumped to 4 over the past week or so. The over/under is currently 46 points.
The Giants have won five of the last six meetings and six of the last eight. In all of those six victories the Giants scored over 30 points.
The line at the Las Vegas Hilton and Caesars' is holding at 3. The Mirage has the line at 2 1/2 as does The Orleans. The over/under, which opened at 55 1/2, hasn't moved, either. It is either 55 or 54 1/2 across the board.
On our favorite prognostication site, Covers.com, the consensus has the Giants covering the spread by a margin of 56.56% to the Pats' 43.46%.
Tags: Giants-Patriots, New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Giants News, NFL Betting Odds, Super Bowl XLVI
The Giants' prospects were hanging around 30 to 40-1 to win the Super Bowl most of the year. At one point, you could have bet them at 80-1. If the Giants win next week, Vegas could be hit hard by many who had blind faith in Big Blue.
From Sam Borden of The Times:
Tags: New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Giants News, NFL, NFL Betting Odds, Super Bowl XLVI
There's only one team left that has a shot - the New England Patriots - and the Giants already proved that they can play with them. The Giants also beat better teams than the Pats to get to the big game - and they did it on the road.
So why are the Patriots, who lost 24-20 to the Giants at home this year, a 3-point favorite in Super Bowl XLVI?
Tags: NFL Betting Odds, Super Bowl XLVI
The Giants have been traditionally known for their bruising rushing attack and their smothering defense. This time around, the teams have switched personalities.
The 49ers resemble the old Giants and the Giants are more like the 49ers of the 80's. It is a strange thing to watch. ?The one variable to keep an eye on is the Giants' ability to change their personality back to their old form.
The folks at Covers.com are reporting that 61% of the wagering is going towards the Giants to cover the spread.
The panel of Showtime's Inside the NFL (James Brown, Phil Simms, Warren Sapp and Cris Collinsworth) are all predicting a close game as are we.
The Falcons have not won a playoff game under head coach Mike Smith (0-2). Their last playoff win was January 15, 2005 - a 47-17 thrashing of the St.Louis Rams in the NFC Divisional Playoffs.
When the Giants host the Falcons today, quarterbacks Eli Manning of New York (4,933) and Matt Ryan of Atlanta (4,177) will have the second-most combined passing yards (9,110) by opposing starting quarterbacks in a playoff game. The mark was set last night by New Orleans? Drew Brees (5,476) and Detroit's Matthew Stafford (5,038), who combined for 10,514 yards on 2011.
Tags: ATLANTA FALCONS, Giants-Falcons, New York Giants, New York Giants News, NFL Betting Odds, NFL Gambling, NFL Playoffs
The most common line is Giants by 3 with the over/under at 46. ?The Las Vegas Hilton and Caesars have the Giants at 2.5 point favorites.
The Covers.com consensus right now is leaning heavy towards the Giants (70%) mainly because the Cowboys have covered in only five of their fifteen games in 2011. The Giants are 7-7-1 ATS (against the spread) this year.
This week, the Giants are a touchdown favorite over the 4-9 Redskins and, in a perfect world, should be able to cover that number. But I wouldn't bet on it.
The Giants' December record under Tom Coughlin is abysmal. They have difficulty winning games straight-up, forget about covering spreads as favorites. They are 4-10-1 against the spread (ATS) in their last 15 games as a home favorite of 3 1/2 points or greater.
With Vick and Maclin Out, Line Climbs to 5 1/2With QB Michael Vick sidelined for Sunday's game vs the Giants with broken ribs, the betting line for the divisional showdown between the Eagles and the Giants has shot up from Giants - 3 to Giants - 5 1/2. ?Vince Young, who is 2-0 lifetime against the Blue, will be the likely starter.
Trends don't really mean much in this rivalry, which over the years has produced some of the league's most memorable moments. This season, the Eagles have blown five games in the fourth quarter while the Giants have a propensity for pouring on in the final period.
The Giants' run defense this year has been the worst in recent memory, while the Eagles' rushing offense is first in the NFL, 13.5 yards better than runner-up Houston.
Tags: Giants-Eagles, New York Giants, New York Giants News, NFL Betting, NFL Odds, NFL Week 11, Philadelphia Eagles
The Giants are favored by 10 and the over/under is 42. ?See the current spread trends below....
- Giants are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Giants are 22-8-2 ATS in their last 32 games in October.
- Giants are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games in Week 8.
- Giants are 3-7-1 ATS in their last 11 games following a bye week.
- Giants are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 home games.
- Giants are 4-10-1 ATS in their last 15 games as a home favorite.
- Giants are 1-10 ATS in their last 11 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Giants are 0-5-1 ATS in their last 6 games after accumulating more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
- Dolphins are 10-1-1 ATS in their last 12 games in Week 8.
- Dolphins are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing less than 150 yards passing in their previous game.
- Dolphins are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Dolphins are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0.
- Dolphins are 1-4 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Dolphins are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Dolphins are 1-9-1 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
- Dolphins are 0-6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. loss.
- Dolphins are 0-5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a ATS loss.
- Dolphins are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 road games.
- Dolphins are 0-6-1 ATS in their last 7 games as an underdog.
- Dolphins are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games as an underdog of 3.5-10.0.
- Dolphins are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games as a road underdog.