According to vegasinsider.com, the wagering has been 93% in favor of the Giants. The over is getting significant play at 83%.
Here are some trends courtesy of covers.com:
The last time these two met, the Giants took advantage of the Niners' special teams failures and advanced to the Super Bowl on a FG in OT. They also played in early November, with the Niners stopping the Giants int he red zone in final seconds, 27-20.
Before we get into the numbers, let's review a few things that we know. The Giants need to be at critical mass to play their best football. They also play better on the road. They really play their best when no one gives them a chance.
Tags: Giants-49ers, New York Giants, NFL Gambling, NFL Matchups, Editorial Aside, San Francisco 49ers
We loved Green Bay (-5 1/2) last night, because everyone fell in love with the Bears after they dominated the sorry Colts in Week One. We knew the Bears' OL still stinks and they proved it once again by leaving Jay Cutler to fend for himself. ?We won't count this as a win, so we will still owe you three for this week.
Some quick advice.....
The Falcons have not won a playoff game under head coach Mike Smith (0-2). Their last playoff win was January 15, 2005 - a 47-17 thrashing of the St.Louis Rams in the NFC Divisional Playoffs.
When the Giants host the Falcons today, quarterbacks Eli Manning of New York (4,933) and Matt Ryan of Atlanta (4,177) will have the second-most combined passing yards (9,110) by opposing starting quarterbacks in a playoff game. The mark was set last night by New Orleans? Drew Brees (5,476) and Detroit's Matthew Stafford (5,038), who combined for 10,514 yards on 2011.
Tags: ATLANTA FALCONS, Giants-Falcons, New York Giants, New York Giants News, NFL Betting Odds, NFL Gambling, NFL Playoffs
Here are some trends ATS (against the spread) for the Giants and Patriots:
- Giants are 16-6 ATS in their last 22 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Giants are 29-13 ATS in their last 42 road games.
- Giants are 13-6 ATS in their last 19 games as a road underdog.
- Giants are 16-36-2 ATS in their last 54 games in November.
- Giants are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Giants are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games on fieldturf.
- Giants are 3-12-1 ATS in their last 16 games after accumulating more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
- Giants are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing less than 250 total yards in their previous game.
- Giants are 0-4-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Patriots are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS loss.
- Patriots are 22-5 ATS in their last 27 games after accumulating less than 250 total yards in their previous game.
- Patriots are 15-5 ATS in their last 20 games as a home favorite of 3.5-10.0.
- Patriots are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Patriots are 25-9-1 ATS in their last 35 games following a S.U. loss.
- Patriots are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
- Patriots are 39-19-1 ATS in their last 59 games as a favorite of 3.5-10.0.
- Patriots are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games in Week 9.