NYCFC head coach Patrick Vieira spoke to the media before the team's game on Friday against Orlandy City SC. Here's what he had to say…
- Vieira discussed the two formations the team has used so far (3-2-2-3 and 4-3-3) and said he will likely use another formation, possibly 3-3-4, against Orlando.
- Vieira said he has a very hard time selecting the team's starting XI.
- Vieira said his defense has come a long way, but there is still a lot of work to be done. He likes how they are "getting stronger," he said.
- Vieira said he's very pleased with the way Steven Mendoza has played since arriving in the MLS, but he needs more time to "adapt" to the league.
- Vieira thinks Mikey Lopez is a "dynamic, young player." He values Lopez's energy and that he's unafraid to go in on challenges.