Alain Vigneault met with the media on Friday before tonight's game against LA and said (NYR):
- On Mika, "he's following the protocol, skated on his own yesterday. As far as I know, I haven't done a lot of checking, he's improving. We have a practice on Monday and he will practice on Monday."
- On the PP, "we haven't had a lot of PP opportunities in the last few games. PP hasn't been a big part of the games but in the opportunities that we have, I do agree, one of the things you would like to do is get more pucks at the net to get more scrambles and we haven't do a good enough job of that but we haven't had a lot of PPs in the last few games."
- On the leadership group, "our game in Ottawa, we gave up 8 scoring chances in the game. Didn't play a bad game, didn't play a great game. We gave up an early goal in the first and an early goal in the third and in this league, when you are chasing, it makes it more difficult. We were chasing that one, made it very difficult and tonight is another opportunity to get a good start and play a full game."
- On switching Grabner and Nash, "Grabs has been one of our best offensive players in the last few games in terms of chances and finishing. I just wanted to make a little tweak. Nasher has been getting some good looks and maybe with JT and Zucc that he will be able to finish on a couple of them."
- On LA, "they don't give up a lot, I think they are 1 or 2 in goals against, 1st on the PK, they are playing some real good hockey right now. We are playing against one of the best teams in the NHL and we will have to be at our best tonight."