Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers loss to Ottawa and said:
- When did you feel it was slipping away, "never felt that it was. We were playing a real good game, doing what we needed to do. They made the most of their opportunities."
- On shortening the bench and depth, "we felt that at the time there were a couple of guys who were playing pretty good and thought it was the right thing to do."
- Did you start to back off, "we didn't, we spent a lot of time in their end, had some good looks. They got a couple of tips that found the way into the back of our net. I liked how we played, We started out by giving them three PPs, made some adjustments, we were alright. We played a strong game, just came up short."
- On Brady Skjei, "he played well....but we came up short tonight."
- On Henrik, "like the rest of our team he tried real hard and we will have get over this one and get to the next one."
- "it's the same for both teams, we will regroup and get ready for the next one."
- Do you worry about the younger players, "no, not at all."
- "I know they capitalized on their opportunities but we didn't give them much."