4:49PM: Alain Vigneault spoke with the media prior to today's game against Columbus and said (NYR):
- On the lineup, "just one question mark up front. There is a forward that has a lower body injury. I think he will be alright. In theory, at this time, we should be going with the same lineup."
- Who would come in, "Buch is sick, has the flu, so it would be Puemps."
- "For me it means absolutely nothing. As a coach you coach the players that you have and focus on getting them prepared and ready for games. I have shared my thoughts on our group, I like our group. I'm focused on tonight and what we have to do."
- "There are some real good teams in our conference, especially it seems in our division. We have competed against those teams but there is no doubt that Washington, you talk about the Champs in Pittsburgh, those are two great teams without a lot of flaws. I like our group and how we prepare and how we compete."
- On Clendening, "I thought that yesterday he made some good plays with the puck. Defensively I would like him to be a little tighter to the opposition. He is competing hard and battling when he is out there and every time we have asked us to play he has given us 100% and that is all you can ask for from a player."
- On PP, "Our PP, what we did in Toronto, I know it wasn't a PP goal, it was at the end, and the way we moved it around yesterday. We aren't getting a lot of opportunities but the way we moved it around yesterday, we are not getting a lot of opportunities but in the last two games we worked real hard and got some good looks."
- On Pirri, "he has been fine. He is competing real hard. We have talked to him about the 200ft game that we expect everyone to play. He is going out there and competing and that is what we want from our guys."
3:08PM: Alain Vigneault met with the media and said that there is one forward that is dealing with a lower body injury and may not be able to play tonight. (NYR)
The forward was not named and Vigneault said that Matt Puempel may come into the lineup to replace that player. (NYR)
He noted that Pavel Buchnevich has the flu and will not be available. (Cyrgalis)