Alain Vigneault met with the media after last night's win over LA and said (NYR):
- On Raanta, "he no doubt made all the timely saves tonight. We had a few turnovers and they got some Grade A looks and he made the saves. The difference is obviously from that end and we are able to score a timely PP goal. We needed to work on our PK, Kreids took a few penalties 200ft from our net and we worked on our PK."
- On the playoff style of the game, "there were some areas of our game that I liked and some areas where we need to be better. We knew that type of game, heavy forechecking and puck possession game that they play. In the first half of the game we did alright and in the second half it slipped a bit but that was when our goalie came in and our PP got us a timely goal."
- On Girardi and D, "I liked the way our group played today. It was Dan's first game in a long time, he worked hard but there is obviously room for improvement there. For the most part it was a step in the right direction for him and hopefully with the games remaining he will find his rhythm and timing."
- "We anticipated from them, they play, in my estimation a real good game at both ends of the rink and they don't give you much and they throw a lot of pucks at the net, so you gotta protect the front of the net and I think that for the most part we did that well."
- On Grabner being stopped, "I don't know but I am hoping he is going to come out of it, eh? He had some good looks and as long as he keeps getting the looks he is going to cash in."