2:39PM: Clendening spoke in Buffalo today and said (NYR):
- "every time that you get to come into the lineup after being out is an opportunity. I don't think I need to do anything special. I just need to play my game, move the puck and help out on the PP if I can."
- How do you fit in, "I play to my strengths, I can move the puck, help out on the PP, join the rush, create a little bit of offense and it's been working when I was in the lineup."
- On being moved around a lot the past few years, "it's nice to see different cities and know different guys but you always want to find a home and play every night. It's been fun but difficult."
- A lot of family tonight, "just mom, dad and sister."
- On being wanted by a lot of teams, "it's nice to be wanted but at the same time maybe just not enough. It is part of the game and the business and hopefully can find a home for a little bit longer."
- Did you think you would be playing more, "I didn't really know what to expect. It's not really up to me. I understand, we are a winning team and a lot of veterans and it's hard to change things when you are winning. It's nice to be with a winning team and part of that."
- On adjusting to not playing a lot, "everybody wants to play, that is the competitive nature. Wanting to play but also realizing the situation that you are in is part of being in the position that I am. Probably not too many guys who haven't done the same thing and waited their time."
12:13PM: Adam Clendening will return to the Rangers lineup and play for the first time since November 6th.
Kevin Klein will be scratched.
Clendening skated on a PP unit today with Rick Nash, Jimmy Vesey, Kevin Hayes and Brady Skjei. (Zipay)
He has two assists in 6 games, a plus 4 rating, 4 shots on goal and an average of 16:45 per game.
In his 6 games, when Clendening was on the ice at 5 on 5 the Rangers had 85 shot attempts for, 49 against and 5 goals for, 1 against. (Natural Stat Trick)