Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the win over Carolina and said:
- On bouncing back, "at the end of the day we played a good game and probably deserved a better result. For us tonight, it was a matter of continuing to play the right way and that is what I thought we did. Hank showed some real mental strength there. To start off the game that way, giving up that kind of goal after being pulled in the last game. Obviously it must have been very challenging for him but he responded real well, got real focused and shut them down the rest of the game. In my opinion it was not a penalty shot but it was a great save and he made two and he was dialed in and did a great job for us."
- Were you surprised they pulled the goalie that early, "everyone has their own strategy. They had a faceoff in our end, I'm sure they had a play drawn up. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and for them tonight it didn't work."
- On Grabner, "I think that prior to him coming here he had some years where he had quite a few goals. With us, given an opportunity he has made the best of it. He's got great speed and he finds the holes and he's got quite a few goals in empty nets, he seems to be a key player for us there."
- On the fourth line, "they played well, strong on puck battles, won a lot of one on ones to spend time in the offensive zone and had quite a few looks. I'm very pleased with how that line performed tonight."
- On players stepping up to fill spots of injured players…"That's what we need to do. When we lost Ryan (McDonagh) on D, the six other defensemen that we used really stepped up their game. Desharnais, with both Kreider and Buch, that line hasn't missed a step. They've been spending a lot of minutes in the other team's zone, they've been getting some great looks. We got a bounce tonight on the power play goal, but you have to work hard to make those bounces. That's what you have to do as a group when you're missing some key elements." (NYR Game Notes)
- On McDonagh, "I thought he was a force out there. Skated well, won a lot of his 1 on 1 battles and that is what we need from our captain." (NYR)