Alain Vigneault spoke with reporters on Sunday night after the Rangers win over the Devils (MSG):
- On Raanta, "I wouldn't say impressed. I've said many times, he does what a goalie is supposed to do and give you a chance to win. He made a timely save in the second period that was a difference maker in this game, we came back shortly after, scored shorthanded, got that goal at the end of the second. He is playing and the guys in front are playing real hard and well and that is what we expect."
- Do you know who will start on Tuesday, "I will give you my normal answer when someone asks me after the game, I haven't talked to my goalies yet...and I will. Do I know who is going to start the next game? Yes, I do. I haven't told them yet."
- On Skjei's goal, "definitely, he has been playing real well for us and it was obvious a lucky bounce but it was good, he seemed real happy."
- On Rick Nash, "He is still day to day, feeling a lot better. I think he is going to skate tomorrow, I was told today. He will skate tomorrow...day to day, but he was feeling much better today."
- On Marc Staal, "I think he has played extremely well. He had a good summer of training, came here healthy and real eager to prove that he was still a defensive defenseman. Marc's ability to defend and check is well known across the league and he has been doing that for us, and against top players and doing it well."
- On having a hot goalie, "it's on a game to game basis, right now, for me, I think it's about the team and how hard guys are playing. This is our 3rd in 4 nights, 4th in 6. We get a bounce on the disallowed goal in the beginning and guys buckled up and emptied the tank and worked real hard and it's about the team. That's the bottom line."