Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers win over the Penguins and said:
- "there is no doubt that tonight is a big win against the Stanley Cup Champs. If you analyze the game, I really liked our first period, we came to play, second period, turnovers cost us, we knew they would have a push. They had a real strong push. We were able to get a couple of good looks at the end and score a couple of goals. In the third we did what we had to do to get the job done and we will take the two points and move on."
- On Pavelec, "he didn't have a lot of work in the first but he did have quite a few shots after that. They are high volume shots, they shoot from everywhere and they hope to create scrambles. Against that you need to protect the front of your net, which I think we did fairly well. He did give us a real strong game and I am real happy for him, he has put in a lot of work and I am sure there will be a few more of those to come."
- On the fourth line, "they were playing well and playing better than some of the other guys and when you get down to the last 7-8 minutes I shorten up the bench, go down to 9 forwards and that line was in it. They had been effective at both ends of the rink."
- On Boo Nieves, "he is a big body, real strong one on one and a real solid skater. He used that tonight, got his first goal, it was an important goal for us and there is no doubt that Boo is improving every game and every minute he plays he gets more experience and he is gonna get better."
- On bounces, "thought we probably deserved a little bit more in the first, we came out of their with the tie. In the second they had a lot of looks, lots of shots toward the net but we had some good looks also and we were able to capitalize on a few, up by a few we did what we had to win the game."