Alain Vigneault met with the media on MSG following the Rangers win over Philly and said:
- On what stood out, "a couple of key moments in the game. Hank's big save when we were on the PP and then we come right back and score. That was, in my mind, a big turning point and then our first shorthanded goal of the year, a nice play by Peter to Paul and Paul, that was a real good shot. At the end of the day I felt that we played a much sounder game defensively and we got some real good looks offensively that we were able to capitalize on."
- On the emphasis on defense, "there is no doubt that there was a big focus on that in the meetings this morning and the meetings prior to this game. The skill that Philly brings and how to adjust and do a better job, overall I think we did a real good job tonight."
- On defense leading to offense, "a lot of times you can get good offense when you are playing defense, the other team takes a chance and you look at our 4th and 5th goals, they were quick counter plays where we scored on the rush because we caught those guys a little bit deep. You gotta play a 200ft game, we talk about it, tonight we executed and hopefully we will do the same thing on Thursday against Buffalo."
- On Holland, "thought he played a good game, he made a nice play on the goal and was dependable in our zone and he did what he had to do to play a smart game."
- On Marc Staal, "not exactly sure when he got hurt, it's a hip flexor, we will know more tomorrow. I don't think it's series but I couldn't tell you the length of the injury."
- On Henrik, "good players make good coaches, good goaltending is a big part of that. I've been very fortunate, I've had some real good goalies that have played in front of me. Hank is a real pro and his prep and how he can adjust his game is a big part of the teams success. We need solid goaltending and he is definitely bringing that to us."