Alain Vigneault met with the media earlier today in Calgary and said (NYR):
- "we will see after the game. Right now our total focus is on tonight. We need to play uptempo, quick/fast game tonight and that is what we are going to try and do. We have a lot of respect for Calgary, they have some good young players with a high skill set and we are going to have to play a real good game tonight."
- On Brady playing the right side, "I would say that a combo of how Nick and Marc had been playing which was okay. I just see that Brady's progression lately as far as his puck decisions and his gap the way he can skate away from the forecheck. I felt that with the few games that he got last year it was time to give him a shot on the right side and see what he can do. He's been playing some pretty good hockey for us."
- On getting Skjei top-four minutes, "I would say that out our whole D group there is probably Ryan and Marc Staal that will get a bit more minutes but I still go back to the condensed schedule and the number games and we need to spread out the minutes. That is what we are trying to do up front, what we try to do on the back end. Our top pairing is usually the one with Ryan and the other two I have had a lot of confidence in. I don't see that changing right now."
- On Zibanejad, "there was some real good chemistry with him and Kreids at the beginning. When Kreids went down I think that Mika's play slipped a bit but I like his effort, his compete level the last few games has been better. He has been working really hard, always one of the last guys off the ice. Spending a lot of time videowise to see where he can improve. He is a young player that in my mind is only going to get better."
- Are you confident the last four periods are an aberration, "I would say that the last couple of games have not been up to our standards. We have talked about it, we know that we need to play the right way with and without the puck and that is what we are going to try and do against a real good opponent."