5:48PM: Alain Vigneault met with the media prior to tonight's game in Florida and said (NYR):
- "I want us to play a strong game structure wise without the puck. This team has a lot of offense, they score a lot of goals. They come at you in waves and it's important for us to establish a solid structure defensively and if we do that I believe we will get enough looks to score enough goals. We gotta be solid enough defensively and that is what we will try and focus on."
- On Henrik, "I think it was a combo of him being good on the first shot and our guys in front doing a better job protecting the front of the net. We get right back at it tonight, it's only one road win and tonight we will try and make it too."
- On Boo, "he's under the weather. Paul was coming in, he will go in his spot and I will keep David's line intact."
- When did you know, "just this morning, got a text from Rammer around 10. Thought he might turn around but he hasn't."
- On Boo in general, "the skating and the size are two elements, down low he is strong, strong in his one on ones and also has the ability in his skating to get away from checks. He's been good for us, that line has been very effective, I haven't been afraid to use them but unfortunately he won't be available tonight. This gives Paul an opportunity who has been waiting for some time to get back in it and he gets back in tonight."
- On why he was planning to change the lineup, "a lot of it had to do with me trying to get Paul back into the lineup. He's been working hard, and wanted to get him back in and in my mind I was gonna make that change but David is staying with the same linemates and that line has been playing pretty good for us."
- On Desharnais, "just a combo of Boo with Quickie and Grabs have been playing real well and getting some chemistry. David's line has been playing real well also, JT probably had his best overall game at both ends in the last game. I just thought that we needed to get Paul in, he will come in but for Boo."
- Will Nick stay with Ryan, "yes."
5:05PM: Desharnais will skate with Vesye and Miller and Carey will skate between Grabner and Fast. (Cyrgalis)
4:52PM: Boo Nieves will miss tonight's game against the Panthers with the flu. (NYR)
It was believed that David Desharnais was going to be scratched and that Paul Carey would replace him in the lineup. It appears as if both Desharnais and Carey will play tonight.