- Years 1-4: $1 million in base salary and $13 million in signing bonuses ($56 million)
- Years 5-6: $4 million in base salary and $8 million in signing bonuses ($24 million)
- Years 7-10: $6 million in base salary ($24 million)
- Year 11: $3 million in base salary ($3 million)
- Years 12-14: $1 million in base salary ($3 million)
The cap hit would be $7.85 million
and the compensation would be TWO first round picks, a second round pick and a third round pick.
Sam Carchidi tweets, "For compensation, they divide 5 years (not 14) into total value (about $100M), which is why #Flyers wld have to give 4 first-rounders."
Dan Rosen tweets, "If Weber is unhappy in Nash, then why sign offer sheet? He knows Preds can match. I see this as a way to force Preds hands and strike gold."
10:24AM: Darren Dreger tweets "Original offer sheet for Shea Weber was 1yr, but Preds would match. $68 mil in bonus $ in 1st 6 yrs, $27 mil total in less than 1 year."
12:04PM: Dreger tweets "Preds will issue a statement today. Team is fully evaluating situation, but, Preds have previously indicated plan to match any offer sheet."