His agent says that Doan is just preparing for any option and that his first choice is to remain with the Coyotes, "When we get the news, whether it's good or bad, at least we'll be prepared. Otherwise we'll have to take a week to make a decision. If we find out it doesn't happen, then we're behind the 8-ball trying to go visit teams and make a decision."
Doan visited the Rangers and Flyers over the weekend while on the East coast for the NHLPA and NHL labor meetings.
Doan and his agent expected to hear from Jamison last week but did not.