5:45PM: Alain Vigneault met with the media before the game and said (NYR):
- On Grabner being traded, "he was a good player for our team. He got an opportunity to play and play well and he took full advantage of it. He scored some big goals, was a good PKer, good teammate. Tried reaching him a couple of times today, he tried reaching me, we couldn't connect but we wish him the best."
- What made Grabner so good, "this was all about him, his speed, he was able to get a little bit of confidence and getting those looks and finishing. I hope for him that he does well."
- Do you know anything about the prospect, "no."
- Is Kreider coming in, "yes."
- On the weird feeling the players have, "we address it in the sense that we want our guys to focus on doing their jobs. These are obviously unusual circumstances but you gotta play and try and play well. It's what we will do tonight. We will hopefully do what we did last night in the last 25 minutes, we played quicker, got some good looks. We made more plays and that is what I am hoping we will be able to do tonight."
- On Kreider, "he hasn't practiced much but the time he has, he is such a hard worker, such a specimen as far as conditioning. He has been anxious to come back and help his teammates and I think he is going to be good."
- Nash is still out, "yes."
- Is Henrik in, "no, Alex is going to play."
- Why, "Just Ben has been wanting a bit more practice time with Hank, he was able to practice with him this morning. Alex played real well last night and want to see what he can do back to back."
- On Georgiev's confidence, "all young players come in and have energy, play well. The challenge is to sustain it and bring it and say 'boy that guy comes to play every night and play well. Alex is getting his second game tonight, he played well last night and hopefully he can play well."
5:23PM: Chris Kreider returns to the Rangers lineup tonight after being out with and undergoing surgery for a blood clot in his arm.
Alexandar Georgiev starts in net for the Rangers. (NYR)