9:30PM: First Period:
- Mattias Tedenby
- Eric Gelinas
- Dominic Moore Assists: Danny Kristo, Marek Hrivik
- The defense, especially Marc Staal and John Moore, were shooting and jumping into the play whenever they had the chance.
- Moore looks a lot more confident with the puck and even though it's one preseason game, he looks poised to take on a bigger role with the Rangers.
- Staal looked good and that is probably the best thing you can take out of the game.
- Rick Nash, Brad Richards and Chris Kreider all had their moments as did Danny Kristo who had some nice chances.
- The Rangers opened their 2013 preseason schedule with a 2-1 loss to the New Jersey Devils tonight at Prudential Center.
- New York has posted a record of 0-1-0 overall in preseason action, including a 0-1-0 mark on the road.
- The Rangers out-shot the Devils, 34-27, including a 24-15 advantage after the first period.
- The Blueshirts held the Devils scoreless in three shorthanded situations (3:42).
- The Rangers out-hit the Devils, 16-6, and were credited with eight blocked shots compared to six blocked shots by New Jersey.
- Dominic Moore notched a goal and registered two shots in 13:33 of ice time.
- Danny Kristo tallied the primary assist on Dominic Moore’s goal, and registered two shots in 17:24 of ice time while making his Rangers debut.
- Marek Hrivik registered an assist and logged 15:15 of ice time.
- Brian Boyle was credited with three hits and won a game-high, 11 faceoffs (11-17, 65%) in 18:39 of ice time.
- Marc Staal led all skaters with six shots on goal, and logged 21:56 of ice time.
- John Moore logged a team-high, 22:33 of ice time, and registered four shots on goal.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped 14 of 15 shots (.933 Sv%) in 30:44 of ice time.
- Cam Talbot turned aside 11 of 12 shots (.917 Sv%) in 27:34 of ice time.