- Tuomo Ruutu (1) Wrist shot - ASST: Adam Larsson (1), Stephen Gionta (1)
- Jaromir Jagr (1) Backhand shot - ASST: Adam Larsson (2), Mike Cammalleri (1)
- Dainius Zubrus (1) Tip-in - ASST: Damon Severson (1), Patrik Elias (3)
From the Rangers:
- Hot at the Dot … The Rangers won 38 of 57 faceoffs (66.7%) in the game, as five of the six Blueshirts who took a faceoff won at least 50 percent of their draws. The Rangers won more faceoffs than their opponent in each of their final five preseason contests, going 156-for-263 (59.3%) at the faceoff dot in the five games.
- Out for the (Penalty) Kill … The Rangers were 3-for-3 on the penalty kill in the contest. New York finished the preseason 20-for-23 (87%) on the penalty kill.
- Hitting Machine … The Blueshirts were credited with 18 hits in the game. Eleven different skaters recorded at least one hit and four skaters had at least two in the contest.
- Cam Talbot made 21 saves in the contest. Talbot led all first-year goalies (minimum 15 appearances) in GAA (1.64) and SV% (.941), tied for third in shutouts (three), and tied for fourth in wins (12) in 2013-14.
- J.T. Miller registered two shots on goal and won six of eight faceoffs (75%) in 16:01 of ice time. The 21-year-old finished the preseason tied for the team lead in assists (three) and tied for second on the Rangers in points (four).
- Dominic Moore led all skaters in faceoff wins (13) and won 81.3% of the faceoffs he took (13-for-16) in 14:55 of ice time. Moore finished the preseason tied for third on the team in assists (two). He won 54.6% of faceoffs he took last season (354-for-648).
- Dan Girardi led all skaters with five hits in 21:44 ice time. Last season, Girardi led the Rangers in hits (191) and blocked shots (174).